09 August 2021

Destroy Your Enemies ~ Step 1: Identify Your Enemy

Greetings Dear Reader, 

In order to destroy an enemy one must identify who the enemy is.  Actions of mass destruction are frowned upon by most thinking people.  We do not simply wipe out all purple people because a purple person is our enemy.  I may have friends who are purple. 

It begs the question then of how to identify m enemy.  I suppose we may begin with their offenses.  If someone has offended me, perhaps they are worthy of the classification of enemy.  It is not enough, but it is a good place to begin.  I suppose though if I have been offended, I must first define the intent behind the offense.  

There are only two possible answers to the intent of an offensive act.  Either the intent was to offend or the offense was accidental.  If it was accidental then I cannot declare someone an enemy.  If it is intentional, I may be on the path to righteous anger at a potential enemy.  There is, however, more to consider. 

I must assess also if the offense is due to a violation of right and wrong or a violation of my own sensibilities and preferences.  I am free to be offended if someone for instance steals my car.  I am not free to be offended if someone prefers thin-cut French fries to the far superior thick-cut julienned variety.  Simply because a person is wrong about his or her fry preference is not sufficient grounds for enemy status. 

As one can see, it is difficult to identify enemies quickly.  One must think and reflect before declaring another human as an enemy.  It becomes a narrow category with requirements strict and vital.  Before I make war on or destroy an enemy, they must be worthy of the title.  One must earn the status of enemy through intentional wrongdoing.  

If I am going to use my energy on anger and destruction, I must be certain they fit the bill.  If not, I am the one causing the offense and doing wrong.  I am becoming an enemy when I take up offenses unwarranted, Dear Reader.  It is, therefore, vital for me to clearly identify my enemies on the path to seeing to their destruction.  If I do not think and only react, I am in danger of no longer being the one in the right.  There is more to consider than identification.  We will get to it tomorrow.    

Wishing you joy in the journey, 

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) 

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good. 

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Bookings: aramisthorn@aramisthorn.com
Facebook     
Twitter        
Medium         
Instagram 
BLOG Archive:  http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/ 

I see you and declare you to be my enemy.

No comments:

Post a Comment