05 August 2021

Benediction ~ Serve the Weak

Greetings Dear Reader, 

This idea is one of those that seems obvious.  It is why we care for babies, help the elderly, and comfort the sick.  We see the big things requiring care.  I think we miss some vital things. 


Yesterday I mentioned we all know someone lonely.  In the same way, there are many forms of weakness requiring care.  I think we miss them because we have blinded our minds to the need.  I must ponder what weaknesses I can serve.   I must consider they may not be weaknesses but, rather, differences from which I can learn. 

An example would be our not understanding those who are socially different from us.  We ignore or dismiss those who are not aligned as we are to social behavior, issues, or customs.  I hear people who are trying to follow Jesus slight others because of dress, awkwardness, or not fitting in.  What I must do is find the unique beauty the Father has created in everyone.  I must come alongside people and see what the Father has to teach me through loving them. 

When someone struggles spiritually, it is my obligation to serve their weakness.  This entails refusing to judge or reject and instead, showing love and trying to restore.  When I was in the midst of fanning my failures into destructive fires, the people who I thought loved me decided I needed to be abandoned.  Even though my actions were wrong, leaving me alone fed the darkest part of my pain and fear.  My weaknesses were left to be fed only by rejection and hurt.  

I must never treat someone else this way.  The weaknesses of others is an opportunity to be loving and kind to those in need.  The work of my hands must look for weaknesses to heal them and not exploit them.  Every weakness is an opportunity for me to serve the needs of a fellow traveler, Dear Reader.  I can love the Father through caring for the weak.  When I love them, I show my love for the Father.  

My newest novel, coming out in November focuses on this.  The Judas Scroll will focus on giving Judas back his humanity by examining his life without hatred or condemnation.  We will discuss this more over the next few weeks.  For now, we could all look around for those who are weak and find ways to serve them as we journey home.  Loving my neighbor means serving his or her weakness. 

Wishing you joy in the journey, 

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) 

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good. 

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon            
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Bookings: aramisthorn@aramisthorn.com
Facebook     
Twitter        
Medium         
Instagram 
BLOG Archive:  http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/ 

Weaknesses are an opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment