13 August 2021

Destroy Your Enemies ~ Closing the Noose

Greetings Dear Reader, 

I suppose we could post this with a single sentence.  You deserve to get your money’s worth, however.  We will look carefully at the actual destruction of enemies.  It is far simpler than we admit or believe. 

Once we have identified our enemy, we have to filter our opinion of him or her through the other steps in the process.   If we have measured the offense properly, set aside our anger, and applied the rules of engagement, we are in the proper position to destroy the enemy before us. 

When I do this, I begin with reading a list of the offenses to myself.  At each offense, I follow the rules of engagement that apply.  I forgive, love, care for, and refuse to resist my enemy.  Oh, wait, we did not include the last one in our list of rules.  We are told by Jesus not to resist our enemies.  This begs the question if destroying an enemy is a form of resistance.  

I think it is, therefore, I must find another way to destroy an enemy without resistance.  The answer lies in the rules if you did not get it, Dear Reader.  When we choose to love, care for, feed, clothe, and heal someone, he or she is no longer an enemy.  

When my daughter-in-law served as a medic in the Middle East, she volunteered to work on the enemy side of her MASH unit.  She cared for and healed the enemy.  At first, they were resistant to her care.  When she left, they begged her to stay.  They loved her. 

We destroy our enemies by pummeling them with love.  We kill hatred and fear with love.  It is what the Father does for us through the Son.  It is what the Spirit constantly leads us to see.  If I apply all of the rules of engagement, I have no enemy left.  

One may say “But they claim they are my enemy.”  If someone claims to be my wife and we are not married, she is not my wife.  If you claim to be my family member and you are not related to me, your claim does not make it true.  There are people who claim to be my enemy.  They are not because I refuse to see them in that way.  I have destroyed them by choosing to forgive their offenses and love them. 

No one is without the need for love and forgiveness from the Father.   When I see the depth of my own failures, I dare not think others do not deserve my love and kindness.  I dare not hate, judge, or condemn.  Judgment, vengeance, justice, and punishment all belong to the Father.  My heart’s desire is for those who hate me to see their need for love and grace.  My hope is for them to find it.  My faith is they will.  If I truly wish for these things, I have destroyed my enemy, Dear Reader.  I hope I can always accomplish this. 

Wishing you joy in the journey, 

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) 

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good.

 

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Bookings: aramisthorn@aramisthorn.com
Facebook     
Twitter        
Medium         
Instagram 
BLOG Archive:  http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/ 

“Do you really think the only way to bring about the peace, is to sacrifice our children and kill all our enemies?”

No comments:

Post a Comment