16 August 2021

Work and Worship ~ Misunderstood Monday

Greetings Dear Reader, 

The idea of Monday often brings derision.  On Sunday evenings one can view the memes decrying the brevity of the weekend and the impending doom of returning to work.  I have mentioned before, no matter what day the work week begins, we would have this same response.

Since I am supposed to be grateful for all things, I must be thankful for Monday.  If I have a job to go to, I am to be grateful for that as well.  It is work the Father uses to provide for my needs.  Work is a blessing.  It is a deeper blessing when we get to do what we love. 

If our hearts are not set to work our jobs as if we are working for the Father, we cannot hope to work well.  Again, we find the need to apply our love for the Father to what we do.  We must align our activities to be those designed to show our love. 

This means we must see Monday as an opportunity.  Our mindset must be one of gratitude for the chance to love the Father through the job we have to do.  I realize not everyone likes the work they have.  I think this is why we have stories like the one of Joseph in Egypt; they teach us we can prosper anywhere if we are committed to the Father. 

We are not promised happiness.  We are guaranteed we will not go through anything, including Monday alone.  If we approach everything we dislike with a heart toward loving the Father in it, we are much more likely to forget our dislike and find joy.  I must see Monday as the opportunity it is, Dear Reader.  

If I am going to worship with my work, I must first have gratitude for my work.  I must yield every moment to the Father as an act of love toward him.  It is how work makes life sweet. 

Wishing you joy in the journey, 

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) 

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good. 

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Bookings: aramisthorn@aramisthorn.com
Facebook     
Twitter        
Medium         
Instagram 
BLOG Archive:  http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/ 

“Living for the weekend always brought me down.”

No comments:

Post a Comment