17 August 2021

Work and Worship ~ Serve Where You Are

Greetings Dear Reader, 

When I was working my way through college, I had some great jobs and I had some terrible ones.  I had a job where I was paid to sleep.  I had one where I was up all night and still tried to make classes and have a social life.  It was during the latter one my coffee addiction began. 


I have since controlled my coffee addiction and learned to only pursue jobs that spoke to my gifts and skills.  In the days where I had less enjoyable jobs, I received the best counsel one can give relative to work.  The advice is to serve where you are.  

If the Father has us anywhere, he expects us to be loving faithful servants in that place.  He wishes for us to work and serve him with all we are no matter what we find he has for us to do.  If we make this a reality, then the burdens of unpleasant work are not as heavy.  If in whatever situation I am in, I am required to worship the Father, then all work becomes worship. 

If the Father has one digging ditches, then those ditches should be dug out of love and service to the Father.  There is no work too low for one who follows Christ if the work is moral and serves.  When we approach any job as a service to the Father and to other humans, we are obeying the prime directives Jesus gave us.  

Even in jobs we love, we have days where we would rather not work.  We sometimes have days where the work we love is still taxing.  It is vital for me to focus on the Father on days like this.  If I make my journey with the Father the focus of solving my difficulties, I am much more likely to find my way through the difficulties.  It is learning to serve and worship in the moment no matter where I am, Dear Reader.  

There is no substitute for this.  There is no higher calling than to love, worship, and serve the Father in every aspect of the day.  When the way is rough and steep, there is still room to worship as I work.  There is still a way to turn the work into worship.  This is who I must be. 

Wishing you joy in the journey, 

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) 

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good. 

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Bookings: aramisthorn@aramisthorn.com
Facebook     
Twitter        
Medium         
Instagram 
BLOG Archive:  http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/ 

“The world needs good ditch diggers too.”

No comments:

Post a Comment