19 August 2021

The Chosen ~ Opening Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader, 

There will be spoilers. This is your only warning.  This series will walk through each episode of the first two seasons of the amazing show The Chosen available free to watch at the link.  If you have not seen it, I encourage you to do so.  It is by far the best adaptation of the Gospels to film I have ever encountered. 

My intent is to find nuggets of new understanding I have seen in each episode and apply them to my journey with Christ.  Every episode has left me with awe in some way.  Many have brought tears of love and sometimes conviction.  My heart has been engaged enough for me to watch both seasons through three times.  

The first time through was to see the story as it unfolded.  The second was to catch details I missed but am sure played on my unconscious.  The third has been to take notes for applicable truth to my life and journey.   I am always skeptical of movies and television about the Bible.  This series gives an honest view of the life of Jesus in a way honoring the truth and still telling a good story. 

I will not hide the idea of this also being a long marketing idea for my new novel.  I wanted The Judas Scroll to come out two years ago but other things prevented it.  Now, when Judas has just been introduced at the end of season two, my novel will drop before the show gives us more about him.  This is at least serendipitous if not divine providence. 

I invite you to join me as I take a couple of weeks to journey through what I think is a beautiful rendering of the Gospels.  I will welcome your thoughts and questions about both the show and my analysis.  I will not argue with anyone over theology.  My hope is to follow Jesus more closely through this amazing series impact and influence.  I would say the thing it does best is to give Jesus his humanity without impacting his deity.  Please join me, Dear Reader on a long walk through the most important story ever told.  I cherish you, your thoughts, and your questions. 

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) 

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good. 

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon            
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Bookings: aramisthorn@aramisthorn.com
Facebook     
Twitter        
Medium         
Instagram 
BLOG Archive:  http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/ 

We can find life application in every episode if we are willing.

No comments:

Post a Comment