01 August 2021

Benediction ~ Opening Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader, 

We may know what a benediction is, but it does not mean we understand.  Benediction literally means good words.  For those who may not know, a benediction is “the utterance or bestowing of a blessing, especially at the end of a religious service.” 


Since the song I shared at the beginning of July is still suck in my head.  I am going to take a few days to process some of the lines.  I will post the song here again for your review and benefit.  The lines constantly playing in my mind are these: 

And may the work of your hands help those in need
Befriend the lonely, serve the weak
And forgive enemies 

It seems clear to me the idea is trying to send me on a course.  I want to be sure I see the map clearly and follow it.  Since I have awakened with this song playing in my head for the last month, it deserves my attention.  You are invited to join me in this journey as I attempt to understand what the Spirit is trying to teach me. 

The song itself is quite pleasant.  I can listen to it on loop and it calms and encourages me.  Feel free to share your thoughts and questions with me as we walk through this, Dear Reader.  It is my path to walk but you are always welcome to travel with me.  

Benediction – Josh Garrels 

May all of your days shine brightly
And your nights blessed with peace
Wherever you lay down to sleep 

And all things are made good
For those who believe
May you grow from a seed
Into a strong, fruitful tree 

As the days unfold
Hold your breath to see
Life is a mystery

And joy, it is severe
When the way is rough and steep
But love will make your days complete 

And may the work of your hands help those in need
Befriend the lonely, serve the weak
And forgive enemies
 

And if you find true love, one day marry
Bear a child from your seed
Help it to grow into a tree 

As the days unfold
Hold your breath to see
Life is a mystery 

And joy, it is severe
When the way is rough and steep
Love will make your days complete 

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) 

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good. 

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon            
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Bookings: aramisthorn@aramisthorn.com
Facebook     
Twitter        
Medium         
Instagram 
BLOG Archive:  http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/ 

Speaking goods words over others is a blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment