02 August 2021

Benediction ~ The Work of Your Hands

Greetings Dear Reader, 

In case you did not read yesterday’s post, I am working through an earworm from the song Benediction.  It is worth the time to listen to it if you are just catching up.  What we will focus on today is the work we spend our lives doing. 


Since I am now a full-time writer, my working days, even Mondays are filled with anticipation.  Let me explain.  Paul tells the Colossians, “Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters.”  Since art is a form of worship and my work is art, I get to spend my days worshiping the Father through creativity. 

I would propose a couple of things.   The first is to seek what the Father would have you do so your work can be worship.  It is the idea of finding what we are meant to become.  If our work fulfills us, it is easier to do it with all your heart for the Father.  If you have not yet found the work which settles your soul, working with your heart in the Father’s hands makes unpleasant work easier.  

The idea is to put the love of serving the Father first.  This makes all things easier.  Joy can be severe at times but it is there.  If I do all I have to do with my heart in the Father’s hands, he will reward me.  He will be with me and make the difference.  It is yet another way to take my eyes off of my worries and put them on the one who solves my worries. 

As I work on my writing, I pause to pray, express gratitude, and to trust.  We can do all of this, Dear Reader.  We can give the work of our hands to the Father.  As the rest of our consideration unfolds, this will allow us to apply it well. 

Wishing you joy in the journey, 

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) 

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good. 

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon            
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Bookings: aramisthorn@aramisthorn.com
Facebook     
Twitter        
Medium         
Instagram 
BLOG Archive:  http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/ 

That Monday feeling can be turned to joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment