08 May 2017

Courage in the Moment

Greetings Dear Reader,

It is ever increasing that I encounter people who openly speak against Christians.  It runs a gamut from dismissive rejection to virulent hatred.  People openly generalize about those who follow Christ in a way that is rejected as generalization for other groups of people.

People call us ignorant, racist, and hateful.  They use the worst examples of poor Christ followers to paint us all.  The poor example are there.  We must answer for that.  I say also that were I to apply the same paint to any other sect I would be an ignorant hateful racist.  So in a world where the tide is against those who follow Christ what am I to do?

I am required to have courage.  I am required to love no matter what.  I am expected to rise above whatever is said about Christ followers and live an example that proves it wrong. 

Sometimes courage is easier than others.  Sometimes the situation or the source of the hatred makes being courageous difficult.  At times the courageous thing to do is be silent.  I must not do harm to be right.  I must not argue or disrespect others to be right.  I must through love and example communicate the Gospel.

I must learn when to speak and when to be silent.  I must renew that learning daily.  I must follow in faith that I was warned. I was warned that following Christ is not safe.  It does not promise that I will be loved for it. 

There are days when I do not understand why the Father does not intervene.  I must remember that it is up to him.  I must remember that I do not know all that he does.  Faith is the thing that sustains courage.  Faith in the moment yields courage for the moment.  That’s the way that it works.  It’s the way it must be.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment