22 May 2017

How Do We Deal with A Carpenter King ~ Raw Lumber

Greetings Dear Reader,

I once saw a desk made of “Tiger Oak”.  “Tiger oak is oak that is milled into quarters at an angle to the growth rings of the tree. This method produces boards with heavy stippling visible in the grain. Tiger oak, also called quarter sawn oak, is used for cabinets, furniture and projects for which the flecked pattern of the boards is desired.”

The desk was bare.  In the fine polished surface the tiger stripes shown beautifully in the in the natural light of the room.  The desk is the most beautiful desk I have ever seen.  I had daily access to the office in which the desk resided.  I would often sit in the afternoons watching the sun play on the surface of the wood.

I would ponder the carpenter who had the vision to see what could be in raw oak lumber with which he worked.  He saw what he could fashion out of the wood.  He knew what could become with the proper cutting down and shaping back.  He knew he could create something strong and beautiful out of dead oak. 

This is how the Carpenter King approaches us.  We are dead wood.  Left to ourselves we will rot and decay.  The Carpenter has plans for us.  He sees the beauty and potential in our raw lumber.  He knows how to craft us into something enduring and strong. 

I must deal with the Carpenter King by allowing him to fashion me according to his design.  From rough sawing to planking to fine sanding and polishing he knows what to do for me.  He knows how to shape me and cut me. He knows how to bring out the natural beauty in me.  I cannot do it for myself. 

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment