02 May 2017

Father Hearts and Father Wounds ~ Father Heart Round Two

Greetings Dear Reader,

The sadness and pain of father wounds can span our entire lives.  We make poor choices and follow dark paths because of the pain.  We are wandering walking wounded.

Our lives can be so ruled by the pain and sorrow that we do not see hope or a way out.  Our image of a father is so tainted by the failure of the one who is supposed to be “our” father that we cannot see beyond that to the love offered by the Father.  In some cases even when we see it we refuse to trust that it can be real.

I feel the deep wounds of a father who did not love me and would not invest his life in mine.  The only thing that sustains me is the love of a Father God who sees every hurt and tear when I am alone and the ache rises in me.  It is the love that I want to know how to show my Children and Grandchildren.  It is in seeking to love him that I learn how to love others.

Both my nature and nurture trained me to be a hard and unloving man.  I have to lay down my hurt daily and try again.  I have to soften my heart to the love and grace of the Father.  I have to have faith.  I have to keep seeking the Father with all my heart. 

I assure you that this is not a fixer for all my pain and sorrow.  It is not the solution to all my anger and loss.  Instead it gives me the strength for the next day or maybe the next moment.  It is solace when I allow it to be. 

The longing for a life where I do not fail my Children and they see the depth of my love for them continues.  The desire to see my Children and Grandchildren walking in faith with the Father stems from that love.  Perhaps that is the deepest connection.  The Father has a heart that longs for us and he shows himself to me through the longing I feel.  It accepts me where and how I am and embraces me whenever I will let him.

Come As You Are – David Crowder

Come out of sadness from wherever you've been
Come, brokenhearted; let rescue begin
Come find your mercy, O sinner, come kneel
Earth has no sorrow that Heaven can't heal
Earth has no sorrow that Heaven can't heal

Lay down your burdens
Lay down your shame
All who are broken
Lift up your face
O wanderer, come home
You're not too far
So lay down your hurt
Lay down your heart
Come as you are

There's hope for the hopeless
For all those who've strayed
Come sit at the table
Come taste the grace
There's rest for the weary
A rest that endures
Earth has no sorrow that Heaven can't cure

Lay down your burdens
Lay down your shame
All who are broken
Lift up your face
O wanderer, come home
You're not too far
So lay down your hurt
Lay down your heart
Come as you are

Come as you are
Fall in His arms
Come as you are

There's joy for the morning
O sinner, be still
Earth has no sorrow that Heaven can't heal
Earth has no sorrow that Heaven can't heal

Lay down your burdens
Lay down your shame
All who are broken
Lift up your face
O wanderer, come home
You're not too far
So lay down your hurt
Lay down your heart
Come as you are

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment