28 May 2017

In Memoria ~ Sunday Morning

Greetings Dear Reader,

If the rain lets up I plan to attend an outdoor church service this morning.  I have had two very memorable such events in my life.  One was in Florida whilst on vacation.  The other was at a Seminole reservation also in Florida.

There is something about worshiping outdoors that is precious to me.  There is a freedom and openness to it.  There is a connected feeling that I find nowhere else.

This puts me in mind of the people who are forbidden to worship openly.  It makes me sad for those who must hide what they believe or face torture and death.  We still have religious freedom here and in part that is due to men and women who have died to protect it.

I get to choose whether or not I go to church.  I get to choose how and when I worship.  My faith is my own to live and hold.  No will tell me how I have to live it.  Christ spilled is blood so that I could have a living faith and others have spilt theirs so that I could be free to live it.  That alone is reason enough to cherish it and live it well.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment