26 May 2017

In Memoria ~ Opening Thoughts – Flags In

Greetings Dear Reader,

I want to do something a little different this Memorial Day weekend.  I will still enjoy some traditional leisure pursuits buy I also want to make sure that I observe the weekend for what it is.

Yesterday soldiers began placing over 230,000 flags on the graves at Arlington National Cemetery.   The tradition, known as “Flags In” began in 1948.  Imagine the impact on soldiers placing flags on the graves of their fallen comrades.  The loss is not lost on me.

My thoughts this weekend will be what it must be like to walk among those stones where we honor those who died to provide freedom for the rest of us.  I will think of my friends and family who have served and seen those deaths first hand.  I will beg the Father to bring all things back to good and peace so that we quit losing our dearest blood to hatred and war.

Walk among the stones with me Dear Reader.  We can be grateful together and comfort each other.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment