21 May 2017

How Do We Deal with A Carpenter King ~ Type Amen?

Greetings Dear Reader,

Carpentry is a simple beautiful art.  My Grandfather was a hobby carpenter.  He even continued to practice the art after a table saw cut his hand almost in two.  After the injury healed he had pins in his hand.  He could create beautiful things with wood, work, and patience.

I am trying to imagine how Jesus the carpenter would deal with social media and the technology age.  There is a web site, Coffee with Jesus that addresses this occasionally.  I try to use technology and social media for good things. 

There is a trend that some of my fellow Christ followers have adopted that disturbs me.  I believe that we should live our faith outwardly.  I do not hesitate to claim Christ and try to follow him.  I do not think that the trend to post something then ask for proof of agreement is wise.

It is not saying amen to a post or sharing it that spreads the Gospel.  In fact I think it makes us look foolish to those who do not understand the love and compassion of Christ.  I know that these posts are meant to be a good thing.  Some, however, go too far.

One cannot gain a blessing, money, or healing by participating in this modern form of chain letters.  In fact it wastes resources and time.  Every piece of data sent costs something.  Every post has a price.  When we forget that the Gospel like carpentry is a patient artful process we lose its beauty and grace.  The Gospel is the process of turning raw material into lovely useful things.  What better leader to follow than a Carpenter King?

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment