09 May 2017

Four Words ~ Opening Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

It occurs to me often that we make things far too complex.  We layer pretense end complexity onto the basic.  We systematize and codify We make rules where we are supposed to follow our hearts.  We disavow the basic rules we are given and put rules in place that are untenable.

Too often I build pretense and complexity into the things that are simple.  Even more foolishly I allow the past to complicate the future.  I allow the things I cannot control to keep me from being who I must be in the moment.  At times I put my expectations at the forefront.  I put what I think I need in the moment ahead of following Christ.

All of this can be mitigated by four simple words.  I can focus, as Christ did on the response that he gave and instructed us to give.  I can follow him in his example even though it is not a popular thing to do.  At times I must think this through.

I must remind my heart of the simplicity of the Gospel.  I must recall that what I have is to be entrusted to his will and guidance.  I must follow.  That means that I submit to where I am led.  I do not follow blindly so I must think it through.

You are welcome to walk with me Dear Reader.  Your company is always a comfort in the journey. Please see the warning sign.  Sometimes the path reveals truths we do not like.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment