15 May 2017

Four Words ~ Good

Greetings Dear Reader,

Hillary Scott’s song Thy Will Be Done  juxtaposes the pain of a situation with the need to understand that the Father’s will must be done even when we do not understand.  When understanding fails we must stand on faith.  We must want the Father’s will no matter how difficult it is to get there.

We must recognize that God is good even when we do not feel good.  The situation must not determine what we think of the Father.  As a father who has failed at times I understand how it feels to be judged wanting by your children.  This can only be an inkling of what the Father must feel when his every move is to show us his love for us.  He has never failed us and yet we fail to trust him and follow his Son.

When I doubt the Father’s goodness I fight against what he allows.  I run in directions that are not part of the journey home.  I hinder my progress in getting back to good.  I make the journey more difficult than it must be for me.  God is good.  He is good indeed.

I may never understand how my shattered heart is a part of the plan.  I need to cling to the reality that the Father is good and that it is that goodness that I can count on.  I do not always need to understand to honestly say “Thy will be done.”

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment