17 May 2017

Four Words ~ Faith

Greetings Dear Reader,

The ultimate task of asking for the Father’s will to be done is to have faith.  Faith, belief, and trust are required in all our transactions with the Father.  He wants us to have the faith that small children have in their Fathers.

It is in this faith that we find our way.  The just live by faith.  Without faith it is impossible to please the Father.  We are redeemed by grace through faith.  If we just focused on the ways in which the Word tells us to have faith we could muster an excellent understating of why wanting the Father’s will to be done is logical and wise.

It is in belief that we have the courage to want his will over the things that seem wise or obvious to us.  When we believe we do.  My Grandfather always said, “You do what you believe.  Everything else is just religious talk.”  If I am not kind to others then I dare not speak of the kindness of Christ.  If I am not willing to love others then I must not tell them that God loves them.  The fact is that I must do what I believe of my belief is dead and not focused on the living God.

It is in trusting him that we find the freedom to forgive and love others without reservation.  It is in trust that we can say that we wish the Father’s will to be done here as it is above.  I must desire for the two worlds, ours and the Father’s kingdom to come to be one.  I must long for this.  It is easy because I do.  I want this so much.

I become weary of the struggle with sin.  I see the unkindness in the world and it hurts me.  I see my own failures and long to be free of the things that drive me to fail.  I want every thought to be loving and kind.  I want to never be selfish or self-serving. 

I have faith that the Father wants this.  I believe that he is working to get things back to good.  I trust that his will will be done.  Without this I have no hope.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment