30 May 2017

Penny and Pound ~ Opening Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

I begin with the presumption that we have all heard the expression “in for a penny; in for a pound.”  For those of you who do not it simply means that one is all in for something.  It means that if accept a part of something then you accept it all.

I find that I ponder this in light of things of and not of the faith.  Let me mitigate a question.  All things are of faith.  There are no secular issues.  There are, however, sectarian issues.  There are questions of custom, practice, and politics that one must answer individually. 

These questions have to do with faith and following.  They have to do what is required of me by the Father and sometimes its opposition to the church, the public, and the politic.   By way of example I consider that there are those who would have me hate people who do not share my faith.  This is not the way the Father deals with the world.

In some things I am all in.  In some things I must not be because I cannot accept all things.  To hone my skill in following I must ponder all of them carefully.  In this part of the journey I will not get to them all but I hope you will walk with me for a bit as I ponder those before me.  Thank you as always for your company Dear Reader. 

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment