12 May 2017

Four Words ~ Be

Greetings Dear Reader,

This itty-bitty word has so much power.  Coupled with the preposition “to” it becomes the short definition of our existence.  Anyone who knows a little Shakespeare knows the phrase “to be or not to be” even if they do not know the context or significance.  “Be” is the verb that defines that we are.


To be or not to be...
We fill our lives with questions about being.  “What are you going to be when you grow up?”  I remember first hearing this question when I was four.  I wanted to be my Grandfather.  We struggle all our lives with what we will or are becoming.   We become what we feel, think, and do.

When I came to faith I was on the edge of ceasing to be.  I was ready to end my life because the pain and anger had become unbearable.  A man took the time to show me that I could be.  He showed me that the pain might no end but there was a path to follow away from the anger and hurt. 

The Father longs for us to be his.  He wants us to follow his Son.  He wishes for us to become like him.  It is in him that I live and move and have my BEING.  I must learn to be still.  I must learn to be in his presence constantly.  I must be journeying ever closer.

The very name of the Father, “I AM” is a form of “be”.   In all that there is in life, at the core is the realization that the Father is.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment