03 May 2017

Father Hearts and Father Wounds ~ Walking Wounded

Greetings Dear Reader,

We are all on a journey.  Whether we accept it or not the Father calls us all home.  Some journey with the Son as a guide and some do not.  Unfortunately, some who choose to follow the Son choose to judge and reject those who do not.

We are instructed by the one we follow to love them all.  We are also told that we are to be an example that entices them to follow as well.  It is not through judgment and condemnation that we accomplish this.  It is through love and service.

Fathers are supposed to set the same example for their children.  The best fail.  Some fail worse than others.  Some choose to fail or never even try.  Our father wounds can fester and infect our ability to father our children.    

The truth is that we are all walking wounded.  Some is nature and some is nurture.  We carry the burdens fostered upon us by our parents.  Oscar Wilde wrote, “Children begin by loving their parents; as they grow older they judge them; sometimes they forgive them.”  I have had to work hard to forgive the pain set upon me by my progenitor.  When came down to it there was only one act left to show love for him and I did it.

We must not fail to forgive our fathers.  We need the grace too much to avoid giving it to others.  We need the freedom too much to carry the burden.   I must see that my fellow travelers are walking wounded and love them where they are.  I must live a life that avoids the things that caused wounds in my children. I must fail to spread the infection from the wounds inflicted by my father. 

 There is no human that does not need grace and mercy.  It is my obligation to be an example of that.  It is through the Father’s love for me that I can find the courage to love others no matter how wounded, scared, or damaged I am. 

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment