16 January 2019

All out of Epithets ~ THAT Four-Letter Word


Greetings Dear Reader,

Let us begin with this: what word comes to mind when you think of THAT four-letter word.  I apologize if what came to mind makes you uncomfortable.  You likely did not think of what I had in mind. 

There is a measure of arrogance in what I am going to discuss.  It is also necessary to realize that what I say is a complete one-way street that we both have to travel.  What I mean is that everything I have to say applies to you and I equally.  When I say you I mean me too. 

The word is “Love”.   You see, if you really understand what the Father wants from you, it is love.  He wants you to love him with all that you are.  I have written extensively about this but not quiet as bluntly.  You see it is the second part that is forceful and invasive.

You have to love me.  You must love me even if you dislike me.  You may not just pay lip-service to it.  When you think of me you must bring your thoughts into captivity to the point that every one of them is loving.  As I said, this is something I have to do as well. It is not easy.  It requires forgiveness, sacrifice, and action. 

But wait, there is more.  You have to love everyone with deep, consuming intensity that is selfless and healing.  I may not be passive or half-hearted in my approach.  I may not simply tolerate anyone.  You and I must love each other with everything we are.  Only when we embrace this truth is it possible that we can begin to live it.

If you need a test, here it is.  It is one I use to mitigate my own tendency toward loving others passively.  When was the last time you did something just to show that person you dislike just how much you love him or her?  I meant it. 

But wait, there is more.  You must love me without expecting me to love you back.  I am required to but I may not.  You must love me without any hope or desire that I act in the way you want me to act.  I may remain curmudgeonly, recalcitrant, and irascible.  I may not think or act in the way you deem right or proper.  You still have to love me with all that you are.  I must do so for you as well. 

Until we get this right, we will fail at most other things eventually.  Jesus is clear that all other things are built on this idea.  It is required of us that we be recognized by our love for each other.  It is to be the core of all we think and believe and motivate every action. 

There is no way around this.  If we do not apply it to everyone we fail.  If we do not act it is not real.  That person you claim to love but will not speak to or contact; how do you show your love for him or her?  The guy who irritates you because he is so different from you needs to see an expression of your love for him. 

You may swear at me all you wish concerning this.  You can call me names and hate me if you choose.  I must, no matter how you treat me love you.  I must love you with deep intensity that allows me to walk through your disdain without an unkind thought toward you.  You will be tested if you try this but it is what we must do to follow Christ.

So, here it is.  I love you Dear Reader.  I will do so no matter the cost to me.  You are not required or expected by me to do anything n return.  You must, however, love me without reservation if you have any hope of making the rest of it work.  Questions?

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)


Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels on Amazon             
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook        Google +         Twitter            
Medium           Instagram        Kids BLOG   

No comments:

Post a Comment