31 January 2019

Love Actually ~ Closing Thoughts


Greetings Dear Reader,

Few of us would refuse a thirsty person a cup of water.  There are even places where it is against the law to do so.  Water is essential to our lives.  Our bodies cannot survive without it.

Love is like the water that sustains our souls. Whether we admit it or not, we all want to be loved.  We all desire to know that someone loves us where we are and when we are no matter who we are.  It is built into us to desire to be loved.


We cannot, however, make other people love us.  It just does not work that way.  We have to see how much we are loved and that the Father’s love is enough to allow us to love others without reservation.  We search for someone to love us unconditionally and try to get others to prove that they love us.  We search for what we already have.

What we can do is love others without expectation or qualification.  We can use the strength available in the Father’s love to do this.  We must do it without expecting anything.  I was talking with some friends last night and the topic of saying “I love you” came up.  We have to be willing to say it to everyone without expectation of them returning the gesture.  We have to show love to everyone even if they hate us for it.

Loving others is a bidirectional one-way street.  We must love everyone without condition, even the positive ones.  Some will respond and some will not. Some people will love us and some will hate us.  It is vital that I focus on loving others. I am one hundred percent responsible for loving you with all that I am right where you are. It is paramount that I seize the love in each moment.  Still there are those who refuse to be loved.  I will get back to that tomorrow.

For this moment I must love every person in every situation.  In the next moment, I must do the same.  Creating these moments is how I seek the heart of God and follow Christ.  Every other rule, law, past-time, vocation and endeavor must be built on this.  If it is not then I am not doing it right. 

We are not designed to be self-sufficient.  We are built to love and be loved.  I get in the way of others loving me when I fail to love without reservation or expectation.  My project for the year, learning to love more deeply and fully in every moment is difficult.  One month in, I am seeing the vitality and the challenge of it.

Your company and interactions make it easier to fight this fight Dear Reader.  I say again, unequivocally, unconditionally, and without expectation, “I love you.”  As we travel together, I hope that I find deeper and clearer ways to show it.  I am thankful for your love and that you are a part of my journey.  What about you Dear Reader?  I ask without equivocation or expectation.  I ask out of love for your best interest.  Are you willing to take on the challenge to love without reservation or expectation?  Even if you do not, I will still love you.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels on Amazon             
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook        Google +    Twitter     
Medium   Instagram  Kids BLOG   

1 comment: