14 January 2019

Second Thoughts ~ UFO’s and Jesus Part II


Greetings Dear Reader,

One of the questions begged by this issue is that of the spiritual condition of sentient beings from another world.  As I see it, there are very limited choices.  I will address each of them in turn.  I do want to point out that my friend Adam reminded me of the Carl Sagan quote on this matter: “The universe is a pretty big place. If it's just us, seems like an awful waste of space."

In acknowledging that there is ample room for other life in the universe, we are left then to wonder how they interact with God.  The first option is perhaps the simplest but not one those who fear the things we read about the “Greys” will accept.  I will get to the matter of the Greys in a few days. 

The first option I see is that other life may exist in an unfallen state.  They have never rebelled against God in any way.  They are without sin.  As I said, some will find this impossible.  I do not.  I feel that it is entirely possible that there are creations that both have intelligence and choose not to defy their creator. 

This of course makes me wonder if they are being kept from us to protect them from our influence.  A species advanced enough to visit us would need to be benevolent in order to be prevented from just taking what they wished from us at any cost to our environment.

The second possibility is that they have fallen and their redemption is arranged through a means we do not comprehend.  I to not think that Christ has to planet-hop to pay for the sins of multiple planets via multiple deaths.  This does not mean that there is not a way to accomplish redemption for all created beings. I have an outline for some science fiction novels that would address this possibility.

A third possibility that is worth consideration is that there are fallen species (like the angels) that had a one-time choice and are sealed in their choice.  This would address that differences in encounters that are benevolent and then not so kind.  My view on this is different I think in that I do not believe that any creation is irredeemable.  The Father is unwilling that any should perish.

We have talked at length in other areas about the probability math.  If one wishes further reading on this, research the Drake Equation.  I would like it if there were other planets and I would like to visit them.  I do think that they exit and that the Father is likely protecting them from us.  What are your thoughts Dear Reader?

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels on Amazon             
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook        Google +    Twitter     
Medium   Instagram  Kids BLOG   

No comments:

Post a Comment