22 January 2019

Love Actually ~ Opening Thoughts


Greetings Dear Reader,

Christmas is something in the rear view for many of us; never for me.  The shelves that held candy canes and shelf elves now host assorted chocolate hearts and embraceable bears imploring you to love them.  For the next few weeks the merchandising focus of the world will be on love and romance.

I have been focusing on love as well.  The perspective I am taking on it bears embracing a few mornings of thought on what it is to actually love someone.  As I have been pondering this idea of the actual nature of love, I have been avoiding on purpose the clear explanations using them as foundational to deeper thinking on the matter.  The actual nature of love seems to be some very narrow thinking that leads to very broad applications.

It is my obligation to love but I want it to be my prime mover.  The actual nature of love demands that it be central to everything not a part of some things.  It is also one of those concepts that once understood informs everything else in life.  Even if I lay aside the divine nature of this kind of love (which I will not), this approach to life can change everything in us.

I am going to proceed from the assumption that love is the foundation to all other things social and interpersonal.  What I am after is the implications of that for my life and by extension for life in general.  What does it look like if we decide that deep, passionate, and unconditional love is the prime mover for all that we do?  We can choose to love others with intensity that is beyond our own ability to comprehend and has nothing to do with romantic love. 

I have said it before Dear Reader, I love you.  When you travel with me you remind me that you love me as well.  We can decide that we are going to learn to love even better.  We can choose to live in a world where our attitude of love toward each other crushes all barriers erected by other attitudes and our previous failures.  The space between us can be crossed so rapidly if we truly choose to love each other.  Shall we have a go at it?  Walk with me for a few days whilst we discuss it.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Support Page on Patreon: as
Novels on Amazon             
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook        Google +    Twitter     
Medium   Instagram  Kids BLOG   

No comments:

Post a Comment