23 January 2019

Love Actually ~ Reclaiming the Atmosphere


Greetings Dear Reader,

This past Sunday I was privileged to share the day with my younger Son as we attended a family gathering.  We grabbed breakfast first which turned into an amazing conversation about love and the Father.  I was reminded how keen my Son’s mind is and just how articulate he can be when he wishes.

On my drive back to where I currently reside, I was thinking deeply about his words concerning love.  We also discussed a band that he and his brother introduced me to when they were younger, Burlap to Cashmere.  Whilst we were driving my device played a song he had not heard by them.  It reminded me of another of their songs which is below.

The atmosphere lacks love.  In a social and spiritual sense, we have filled the very atmosphere of our world with fear and hatred.  We monger fear to advance our political and social agendas.  We hate those that we claim hate us.  We respond to the pollution with more pollution that keeps us gasping for love.

I saw in my Son an understanding of the need to love beyond all else.  When I first arrived here, I was intent on clearing the air between us and building my relationship with him.  He met that intent with love, forgiveness, and respect.  It is clear he has a deep understanding of love from a divine perspective.  His passion is to show love to others.  He sees things from their perspective and whether he agrees with them or not is willing to show them love.

If we accept love as the foundation to all of our interactions with each other then the air can be cleared.  If someone hangs on to resentment, anger, and hate the polluted atmosphere cannot be cleared.  I cannot force anyone else to love.  I also cannot claim to love if I am unwilling to clear the air with others.  I cannot hold on to resentment or breathe anger at one person and hope that it does not infect those I claim to love.  It just does not work that way.

The most guilty among us are worthy of our love.  We cannot claim to be giving it to them if we are unwilling to show it or if we also harbor resentment against them for the past.  The past failures of others is atmosphere that is already polluted.  If we keep breathing it in by failing to love, forgive, and reconcile, we poison ourselves.

I have exhaled those poisons in the past.  I will not always create a good space for others but I want to do better.  When a friend recently wanted to clear the air about something, love was able to reclaim the atmosphere because I wished her to see my love for her rather than serve my pride and fear.  She wanted nothing more from me than acknowledgment of my failure from long ago.  Protecting the truth of our past failures is just another way that we poison the air.

Every moment that we choose love over any other attitude we produce a moment of clear breathable air.  We present the opportunity for others to also breath and perhaps purge the poison they carry inside.  We all need space to breathe but it only heals us if we do so in love. 

Once we begin to breath the clear air of loving others, everything else seems tainted.  I invite you to take in some deep breaths with me Dear Reader.  We can overcome everything if we accept the vital nature of loving each other as God requires us to do.  It is really as vital as breathing to our existence.

Love Reclaims the Atmosphere – Burlap to Cashmere

I'm staring at the mirror
As the shadows plague my room
In every risen hero there's a choir that resumes

I used to be a soldier but a painter I became
I used to walk on water but now I fan the flame

Oh the dizziness of traffic as her garden starts to wither
She opens up her violin so the darkness can forgive her
And today we'll crucify the fear
As love reclaims the atmosphere

There is guidance in transition when the body starts to rust
The earth begins to rumble and the particles of dust relay
Their message of decay

Oh the dizziness of traffic as her garden starts to wither
She opens up her violin so the darkness can forgive her
And today we'll crucify the fear
As love reclaims the atmosphere

Be honest in transition when preparing for the feast
Send blessings to your critics and careful with the least of these
Release the prisoners free

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:

Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels on Amazon             
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook        Google +    Twitter     
Medium   Instagram  Kids BLOG   

No comments:

Post a Comment