12 January 2019

Second Thoughts ~ UFO’s and Jesus Part I

Greetings Dear Reader,

I realize that this topic is a bit off the beaten path.  It is also one worth pondering.  It came to a point in my mind when my friend Glenn posted about it.  It is not that I have not thought about it before now.  I have some very clear thoughts on this and will put them down here.  Let me say clearly that all of this is my opinion.  I am not indulging in any conspiracy theories or chasing any crazy groups.  I am considering this as I do all things in the light of my journey with Christ.

I suppose that the first thing I should address is the possibility of extra-terrestrial life.  The foundation of this is that I believe that the Father created and sustains all life.  Before you dismiss me out of hand, I also respect and value science.  I did not say I have all the answers to reconcile the two, but I do believe in intelligent design. 

That said, I think it is arrogant to believe that we are all that the Father has a mind to create.  He did, after all create the angels.  There is nothing in Scripture that disallows the creation of other sentient beings.  Some have tried to make it say this but they have had to twist some verses pretty hard to do so.  Anything else I have heard against it has been an argument from silence which is a logical fallacy. 

The first step, therefore, is to admit the possibility that life on other planets or in other forms may exist.   This, then begs some very serious questions.  I will answer these over the next week as second thoughts.  I will, however, leave you with this for now; if there are other life forms that have visited us, then I hope that they are not judging us by what they see in our science fiction.  We treat them pretty badly in our musings. 

Please feel free to comment, ask questions, and share this with others.  It is a discussion that leads to an honest examination of our views of creation, and, therefore, good. 

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels on Amazon             
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook        Google +    Twitter     
Medium   Instagram  Kids BLOG   

No comments:

Post a Comment