10 January 2019

Twenty-One Grams to Carry ~ Eggs


Greetings Dear Reader,

When I was younger and tried to suppress my emotions, there were those who described me as an egg.  They saw me as hard on the outside but soft on the inside.  Those who broke through that shell often found the feelings underneath not what they wished. 

The latest use of the egg relative to people is one that I feel does not reach far enough.  There is a meme using eggs to explain race that is quite good. It shows a brown egg and a white egg whole and in their shells.  Then it shows both eggs broken side-by-side to explain that there is no difference on the inside.  I like it.

I feel that it does not go far enough.  Our souls are all the same.  They are unique in that they are singular in creation but they are still all our souls.  They are the eternal part of us that Jesus will sustain, nurture, and died to redeem.  They are the great equalizer and the great delimiter.  The soul is what matters.

This is why that particular twenty-one grams is such a great weight to carry.  It is also fragile.  The heavy and fragile soul is what transcends time eventually.  When we treat others with disdain, we are ignoring the unique nature of human soul.  We cannot carry the soul of another but we can treat it with love and respect.

If there is anyone I treat with disrespect or do not love then I am ultimately disrespecting another soul.  I am placing my disregard on something eternal.  If I remember to see every human this way, it becomes much easier to love others.  I must love them if I am to follow Christ.  Seeing them as equal to me genuinely helps.  It is vital that I live this if I am to follow well. 

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels on Amazon             
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook        Google +    Twitter     
Medium   Instagram  Kids BLOG   

No comments:

Post a Comment