25 January 2019

Love Actually ~ The Language of Love


Greetings Dear Reader,

We make communication difficult from the outset.  Into the common language we infuse political correctness, social mores, and partisan lingo.  We build social barriers and walls of language so that we can measure out our interactions through words and action to fit our fears and desires.

The language of love needs very few words and almost all of them are filled with power and promise.  When we express our love, it is best done through action.  There are, however, words that we must use to convey true passionate love for each other.  They are simple but require our full investment.

“How can I help?”   We too often offer our aid in situations by saying, “let me know if you need any help.”  This puts the responsibility for initiating the help on the one in need.  That is not the way it works.  Asking for a way to help, instead, puts the person in the place of receiving your availability right now.  That is the crux of love, our availability to the other person for the acceptance of where they are and in the meeting of their needs.

“How are you?”  We use this as a common greeting but rarely listen in love to the answer.  We rarely really wish to know how the other person is and so, the opportunity to show love in the moment passes.  What we need to do is step beyond the common social greeting and express that we really wish to know how the other person is.  Further we should become known as people who listen to how others are doing with compassion and empathy so that others desire to answer us honestly when we greet them with this question.

“I care about you.”  I am so amazed at how this catches people off guard.  When I express that I care it surprises people.  It is not that they are surprised that I care but, rather, their surprise is that someone genuinely cares about their situation.  Showing that one cares is seminal to being able to express honest passionate pure love without creating misunderstanding.

“I love you.”  These words are over used and undervalued.  We do not express love to enough people with honest use of these three words.  We think that others will misinterpret us so we hold back.  We worry that we will be thought of oddly so we refuse to take the risk.  It is love that casts out fear.  It is being willing to risk all to love others that crushes resistance to the Father’s love. 
I always have a foundational motive for my love of others.  I do not show it as well as I wish but it is always there.  I want everyone Dear Reader to see just how much the Father loves him or her as an individual.  In case you have not heard it clearly, I do love you.  My love is weak and paltry compared to the Father.  I am flawed and I fail so my love is not always as visible as I wish it to be. 

We are called to love each other.  That is supposed to be our benchmark.  So, I say it again as we journey through this conversation about actual love.  If we fill our lives with living in a loving way, then we may be able to say that we love each other and be believed.  Please overlook my human flaws enough to really hear that I love you.  We can discuss the rest as needed.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels on Amazon             
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook        Google +    Twitter     
Medium   Instagram  Kids BLOG   

No comments:

Post a Comment