07 January 2019

The Crucible of Time ~ This Time


Greetings Dear Reader,

The crucible of time burns away everything that is not eternal.  We can carry lessons learned and the memory of experiences but we cannot return to that time or place and change things.  As we burn through each moment, we build grain by grain the sandstone that is the monolith of our past.

We can carry the moments where we see truth and faith win; where we see love conquer all.  We can also choose to carry the moments of failure and fear.  We get to decide if we are going to dwell on the past and try to dwell in it.  We can do the former but must do so with the right heart.  We can try to do the latter but will be left behind by that which is walking in each moment toward redemption. 

We forget who we are.  We are not physical beings having a spiritual experience.  We are spiritual beings having a physical experience.  We are given the choice of what we will do with each moment.  In that choice we choose if we will learn from the moment and what we will carry out of it. 

Each moment is the chance to begin again to use our faith to follow.  Instead we use those moments to argue with the past or wish things were a certain way.  I do this and have to shake my mind out of it.  I cannot change what is but I can use the coming moments to do better.  We can embrace that if we make the most of each second moving forward things will be better than they are.

When I visited the place of my greatest failure, I took the time to weep over my loss and the damage it did for others.  I prayed over places where I saw the Father work and then failed to carry the lessons of those moments.  There are beautiful things in this place but what I must carry forward is the lessons I have learned about my own sin and the power of God to forgive and restore.

I am finished arguing with the past.  I cannot fix the things that others will not forgive.  I can only strive to do better today.  I can only use the time I have left.  It is not possible to reverse the flow of the grains and change the choices I made.  It is in the next grains as they fall that I must work to be a better man and follow Christ more faithfully.

Let us agree Dear Reader that when we look back at those times, we will carry the love that was there.  We will remind each other of the lessons we learned and how we can now see that the Father can heal and restore things if we allow it.  Whether you choose to walk with me on this or not, I will keep you in my heart and carry no ill will against you.  One day, when all the grains have run out, we will see that all things that remain are the love that we carried with us and the love that was given to us.  That is what the crucible does.  It burns away everything else.

This Time – Lea Michele

These walls and all these picture frames
Every name they show
These halls I've walked a thousand times
Heartbreaks and valentines, friends of mine all know

I look at everything I was
And everything I ever loved
And I can see how much I've grown
And though the mirror doesn't see it
It's clear to me, I feel it
I can make it on my own

I'm not afraid of moving on and letting go
It's just so hard to say goodbye to what I know, I know

This time no one's gonna say goodbye
I keep you in this heart of mine
This time I know it's never over
No matter who or what I am
I'll carry where we all began
This time that we had, I will hold forever

This old familiar place is
Where every face is another part of me
I played a different game then
They called me a different name then
I think of all the things I did and how I wish I knew what I know now

I see how far I've come and what I got right
When I was looking for that spotlight
I was looking for myself
Got over what I was afraid of
I showed 'em all that I was made of
More than trophies on a shelf

For all the battles that we lost or might have won
I never stopped believing in the words we sung, we sung

This time no one's gonna say goodbye
I keep you in this heart of mine
This time I know it's never over
No matter who or what I am
I'll carry where we all began
This time that we had, I will hold forever

I'm looking out from the crossroads
I don't know how far away I will roll
I take a breath, I close my eyes
Your voice will carry me home

I keep you in this heart of mine
This time I know it's never over
No matter who or what I am
I'll carry where we all began
This time that we had, I will hold
This time that we had, I will hold
This time that we had, I will hold
Forever
Forever

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:

Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels on Amazon             
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook        Google +    Twitter     
Medium   Instagram  Kids BLOG   

No comments:

Post a Comment