11 January 2019

Twenty-One Grams to Carry ~ All Life


Greetings Dear Reader,

In our culture we have seen pets rise in stature from working companions on farms and other ventures.   They are now treated as family members and we invest much more in their care than we once did.  I am not saying that this is wrong.  There is, however, an important distinction between humans and all other life on the planet.

To be clear, I think that all abuse of animals and failure to care for them is wrong.  With the increase in domestic animals has come an increase in neglect of their care.  What follow has nothing to do with this.  A distinction, however, is necessary.

We are unique in that our souls are different that other creatures.  Animals cannot sin.  We can and do.  We choose to put a barrier between ourselves and God when we do wrong.  No other living creature acts outside of its nature.  When a leopard kills its prey, it is not doing wrong no matter how sweet and innocent the fawn appears.

Humans are the only beings capable of doing evil against each other.  We do wrong and often do not consider the eternal nature of the wrong we do.  It is our souls that are eternal and take on the weight of what we do.  Again, this stresses that we are charged with carrying a very heavy twenty-one grams. 

It is also this unique eternal gossamer that Christ seeks to redeem.  It is that part of us which will migrate to that undiscovered country that can become a beautiful thing.  I know that my only hope of doing that is in faith and following Christ.  It is in turning my heart to love every other soul that I will find peace for my own. 

Learning to be this is only accomplished in working at it each moment.  It is only seen in my determination to love every soul for its intrinsic worth.  The measure of that worth is in understanding that if Jesus sees each soul as worth his life then I must too see every soul as worthy of my love. 

Once I take this view then it is easier to lay aside offenses and have more compassion.  It is a focus worth filtering all my thinking through.  It is a way of life worth the discipline it takes to live it.  I will not ever be perfect in this world.  I can perfect daily my love for other souls which aides me following Christ more closely.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels on Amazon             
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook        Google +    Twitter     
Medium   Instagram  Kids BLOG   

No comments:

Post a Comment