24 January 2019

Love Actually ~ Hope and Expectations


Greetings Dear Reader,

One of those moments that I value is when ideas resolve into a moment of clarity.  When we think at things from several angles and see the path through the thinking to ideas that are foundational to life.  When thinking about actual love, one must manage other things in order to live with love as a prime foundation.

If we are motivated by actual love then we have an endless ability to hope.  Love hopes in all things.  It believes.  Because of that it also bears and endures things.  If it is out of love then that we must build our hope and endurance.

The place where the way becomes narrow in hope is knife edged.  I had a conversation about false hope with someone.  In that conversation I was able to articulate one of those moments of crystallization of thought that I had recently had.   It is this; my hope is my own based on my love.  Hoping is not ever something wrong if it is based on love.   It is when we intertwine expectations with hope that we poison it. 

My hopes are to be rooted in love for others.  Expectations go too far and make love and hope about me.  Hope yielded of love does not make demands based on that hope.  It hopes for the other individual to find fulfillment in love alone.  At the heart of many of our difficulties lie our expectations. 

Love offers hope to others and asks them to be vulnerable to possibilities born out of that love.  Expectations place demands on others that are self-serving and not the product of actual love.  This is universal and not just the romantic or friendship love; the obligation of actual love to hope always without expectations.  In that narrow space exists the safety to accept love because it will not turn to demands.

I know how deeply I fail at this at times and must resolve to live love without expectations.  I must hope without entwining expectations of others within that hope.  I must not mitigate love by setting standards for others.  In those moments where I can achieve this, I can hope that others feel loved. 

There is, however, a twist.  Everyone is required to walk that same narrow way.  You and I must both practice love and hope without expectations Dear Reader.  It is in those moments where we meet, both hoping without expectations, that we can express actual love to each other.  It is in this that we can both disappear and the heart of Christ can be felt between people.  It is in the hope of love without expectations that the journey is born and can live.  Redemption, reconciliation, and peace are all possible in this narrow space that has room for everyone.


Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels on Amazon             
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook        Google +    Twitter     
Medium   Instagram  Kids BLOG   



No comments:

Post a Comment