12 May 2019

As You are Going ~ Closing Thoughts


Greetings Dear Reader,

I think we agree that it is all a journey.  Perhaps we can concur as well that even though we do not agree as to destination, that the journey is at as important as where we are going.  How we conduct ourselves on the journey is vital to how well we fare as we go.

If I am to do things well, I must see that every encounter as I am going is part of the focus of the journey.  As I am going, I must treat every individual with the love and kindness that is what sustains me along the way.  Whether it is family, friends, strangers, or enemies, I am required to love.  I am obligated to be good and generous. 

The journey has challenges for all of us.  It picks at our weaknesses and assaults our insecurities.  The road is rarely level, soft, and pleasant.  The joy we find along the way can only be in the life and beauty we experience as we are going.  The only thing that lasts is the love we share with each other. 

It is in this that I choose to set my hard deck on interaction with other humans.  As I am going, I must treat everyone with love.  I must make this my habit until it becomes my predisposition.   There will be those who will try my patience and preferences.  Pondering this has left me with this question Dear Reader:  If those I find easy to love see me treat anyone in an unloving way, how can they be sure that I will always love them?

That alone is enough to motivate me to do better daily and be more loving and kinder as I am going.  That alone is reason to work at being good to others as I encounter them.  It is in the choice to do this that peace and grace are found.  It is the key to forgiveness, restoration, and reconciliation.  As we move on to what is next, perhaps we can find a better understanding of each other on this common ground.


Let me be a little kinder let me be a little blinder
To the faults of those about me let me praise a little more
Let me be when I am weary just a little bit more cheery
Think a little more of others and a little less of me

Let me be a little braver when temptation bits me waver
Let me strive a little harder to be all that I should be
Let me be a little meeker with the brother that is weaker
Let me think more of my neighbor and a little less of me

Let me be when I am weary just a little bit more cheery
Let me serve a little better those that I am striving for
Let me be a little meeker with the brother that is weaker
Think a little more of others and a little less of me

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:

Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels on Amazon             
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook        Google +    Twitter     
Medium   Instagram  Kids BLOG   

No comments:

Post a Comment