10 May 2019

As You are Going ~ Faithless Whores


Greetings Dear Reader,

WHOA!!!  I realize that this title does not seem like my usual ones.  I am not about to go on a rant about immorality or judge a specific group of people.  I did, however, wish to grab your attention as a lead to my thoughts on as you are going.  I will get back to the prostitutes in a moment.

As you are going you will find people who live a life that is offensive to you.  Their particular flaws scrape against your sense of what is good and right, sometimes to the point of disgust.  As we are going, we encounter people whose brokenness is sharp glass to our little bit of wholeness.  That sharp glass is a mirror.

No matter what we have done and how much forgiveness we have acquired, our crookedness is still offensive to someone.  We all choose some kind of wrong this is beyond grace and mercy.  We all find sin to judge that makes us more comfortable with our own.  That mirror I mentioned; it is the one that reflects our own failures as they appear in the eyes of others.  It is why Jesus made the comment about first stones. 

Try to put your mind in that moment.  The GOD-man stands there saying, “Let him who is without sin cast the first stone.”  They know that he is God incarnate even though they do not accept it.  The presence of the sinless Son searches them as they stand there with murderous intent.  To the man, they drop their stones and leave the prostitute in the dust. 

Then, the sinless one goes to the woman and raises her out of the dust.  He does not require a confession of faith.  He does not demand anything.  He tells her to go her way and sin no more.  I have the privilege of knowing some women who do or did this work to make their way in the world.  They are humans with hearts and souls that require love and grace. 

I recently read an argument saying that no former prostitute (Rahab) could be a part of the lineage of Christ.  The problem with this is it assumes that all the other ways in which we do wrong are acceptable as the human contribution to the GOD-man.  David was a murderer.  Solomon had many wives and was a poor father. 

It is broken things that the Father uses to show us our need for his Son.  Hosea was told by the Father to take a wife who was a prostitute.  He was told to love her and he did.  She kept returning to the streets and he still loved her.  Most of us would have cast her aside and judged her lower than we are.  Hosea kept loving her even when she wronged him.  We are all crooked sticks Dear Reader.  We all fail, falter, and fall. 

We are the ones who pledge ourselves to Christ and his house then run and return to our own path.  We promise to follow in faith and then sell ourselves for what we think is better.  We return to the familiar when the righteous way becomes too narrow for our wants.   We pick sins to that are “worse” than ours judge them to make us look better. 

The ones who Jesus called out for that are the Pharisees.   We deny being like them.  Still, we fail to see who the faithless whores are.  We fail to look into the mirror of other shattered lives and see the truth.  You see, when you ask who I am calling a “faithless whore”, the only honest answer is it is us, Dear Reader.  It is us.  As we are going, we may wish to go with a bit more love, mercy, and grace.  It will be easier on us if we do so,

Song of Gomer - Michael Card

Don't know what he sees in me
He is spirit, he is free
And I the wife of adultery
Gomer is my name

Simply more than I can see
How he keeps on forgiving me
How he keeps his sanity
Hosea, you're a fool

A fool to love someone like me
A fool to suffer silently
Though sometimes through your eyes I see
I'd rather be a fool

The fondness of a father
The passion of a child
The tenderness of a loving friend
An understanding smile

All of this and so much more
You've lavished on a faithless whore
I've never known love like this before
Hosea, you're a fool

A fool to love someone like me
A fool to suffer silently
Though sometimes through your eyes I see
I'd rather be a fool

This God of yours would not have told
To lift a love that you couldn't hold
And though time and time again I flee
I'm always glad to see you coming after me

Simply more than I can see
How he keeps on forgiving me
The wife of adultery
Gomer is my name

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels on Amazon             
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook        Google +    Twitter     
Medium   Instagram  Kids BLOG   


No comments:

Post a Comment