30 May 2019

Needful Things ~ If You Need It


Greetings Dear Reader,

So, we come to the point.  Thank you for bearing with me as it took some time to get here.  Yes, we surely have genuine needs socially and emotionally.  We also do a fairly poor job of getting our needs met.

I think the action is the problem.  We are not supposed to try to meet our needs.  We are supposed to focus on the needs of others.  I realize that the popular culture is to pay attention to self-care and consider our wellbeing.  We may be hearing something that hurts more than it heals.

I am not saying that we should not rest when we need to rest.  I acknowledge that at times we need to heal and recover.  I do think that we tip the balance too far.  Let me give you the quote that got me started down this path.  First, however, a bit of syllogism.

Major Premise:
God will supply all that you need.
Minor Premise:
You have emotional needs.
Conclusion:
Therefore, God will supply all your emotional needs.

Here then, at last, is the quote: “Apparently, I do not need that relationship to be healed yet because it is not (healed). I want it, desire it but it is not yet a need because God meets all my needs.”  Read it again.  Ponder it for a moment.  If you really believe that all your needs are met by the Father, then this is a freeing truth.

Jesus asked us to follow in faith and assured us that all our needs would be met.  When he sent his followers out to spread the Good News, he told them not to worry about their needs.  I have seen him meet my physical needs for over two years when I could not.  He has also begun to meet my social and emotional needs on a level I could not imagine.

There are relationships that I long to see healed.  There are things in my heart that ache and sometimes hurt.  Jesus never promised that we would be pain-free.  He actually promised that one of the costs of following him is suffering.  He also promised that it is worth it.

All of the effort we spend trying to meet our needs or force relationships to work could be spent elsewhere.  If we move in the belief that our needs will be met then focusing on being loving, kind, and good to others can become our focus.  Following Christ can consume us.  When it does, our needs relative to the needs of others assume their proper place.

All of the emotions we put into demanding our own needs be met dampen our awareness of the needs of others.  They squelch our ability to be selfless and loving.  It is in setting aside our own selfishness that we gain the ground we need to reach others with needs.  All of the needs we long to be met will be met when they become needs.  Until then, I must focus on the needs of others and allow Jesus to be my only possession.  Dear Reader, it is in HIM that we live and move and have our being.  That is enough.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels on Amazon             
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook        Google +    Twitter     
Medium   Instagram  Kids BLOG   

No comments:

Post a Comment