29 May 2019

Needful Things ~ Do You Love Him, Her, Them?


Greetings Dear Reader,

You may wish to put on your shoes for this one.  I am not much of a dancer and my stepping on toes there sometimes translates to my communication of certain issues.  I, therefore, feel the need to give fair warning that what I am about to write may be painful.  I am not judging anyone but myself.  I am asking a hard question.  It is at the core of where I will conclude this series in the next couple of days.

I want you to ponder the political or social group you dislike or even hate, the most.  I want you to bring to mind that person that is either too conservative or liberal for you.  Please picture that family member who is outcast because he or she has violated this or that family value.  I have two questions for you. 

The first is, do you love him, her, or them?  I do not mean the simple “yes, I love everyone response”.  Do you actively purposefully love the people with whom you disagree or have a schism?  If you do not, then you have a more serious problem than you realize.  There is not a morally justifiable reason to fail to love others. 

Consider this:  What rational reason is there to deny anyone food, shelter, healthcare, and equal rights under the law?  If you are formulating an answer based on situations or some moral high ground you think you possess, please stop.  Those issues are essential to who we are as both Americans and, if we claim it, Christ followers.  Any time we deny the needs of others we violate the principals of both our Constitution and Jesus.

I will not continue to explain this point.  Instead here is my second question:  What do you do to show your love for those who have chosen as your political or social enemies.  Yes, I said chosen.  You and I are accountable for who we dislike, disavow, and hate.  We show our faith by what we do.  We show our love by treating everyone with kindness, compassion, and respect. 

The broken relationships in our family, community, and world are all a result of people failing to love each other no matter what their differences.  We have no excuse for failing to love unconditionally and without reservation.  It is a needful thing for everyone.  It is an obligation that everyone carries.

It is never allowable for me to marginalize anyone based on his or her values or politics.  If I hope to follow Christ at all, I must carry his love for everyone every moment.  You must do so as well Dear Reader.  If you do not share my faith, please hold us accountable to live the love that Christ commanded us to live as a foundation for everything else.  This is a needful thing.  I will take questions now.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels on Amazon             
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook        Google +    Twitter     
Medium   Instagram  Kids BLOG   

No comments:

Post a Comment