05 May 2019

As You are Going ~ Opening Thoughts


Greetings Dear Reader,

I think we have clearly established that we are on a journey.  Our movement through time is measured by its passing whether we do anything with that time or not.  The journey is designed to be used.  It is metered by time but defined by our actions.

One of the last things Jesus says to us is what to do with our time as we are going through it:

Mat 28:18-20  When Jesus came near, he spoke to them. He said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. So, wherever you go, make disciples of all nations: Baptize them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.  Teach them to do everything I have commanded you. And remember that I am always with you until the end of time." (God’s Word Translation)

I want to focus on the phrase “wherever you go” for a bit.  If it is not too much of a deep dive for this venue, I would ask that you indulge me in a little translation work.  This phrase comes from a single word that is better translated, “to pursue the journey on which one has entered, to continue on one’s journey.”   Another way to say this, that I think yields a better translation is to say, “as you are going, make disciples…”.

It is in this phrase that I would like to journey for a bit.  This is the time of year in the Northern Hemisphere where many people travel.  As part of the journey, I want to ponder and have a palaver over what we can do as we are going to live out the command to disciple everyone.  This will not be a discussion on evangelism or proselytizing.  Rather, it will be a focused set of practical thoughts to allow me to further develop my ability to love everyone in every moment as I journey.

I would value greatly your company as we discuss how to show more love to others as we are going.  I feel the call more urgently to transition into a more nomadic life and part of that preparation is to be sure that every encounter leaves others feeling loved and valued as fellow travelers.  Please let me know your thoughts as we travel through this.  Oh, and just so I am clear, traveling with you is one of the best parts of the journey Dear Reader.


Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels on Amazon             
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook        Google +    Twitter     
Medium   Instagram  Kids BLOG   

No comments:

Post a Comment