13 May 2019

Transactional Analysis ~ Opening Thoughts


Greetings Dear Reader,

I am not talking about the school of psychological thought when I mention Transactional Analysis.  That is defined as “a system of popular psychology based on the idea that one's behavior and social relationships reflect an interchange between parental (critical and nurturing), adult (rational), and childlike (intuitive and dependent) aspects of personality established early in life.”  This may play into the discussion but I am looking for something deeper and related to it.

I think that this type of thinking has merit in that it gives us an idea of who or what influences our choices and actions.  What we pursue so often reveals the reason for the direction of our lives.  What we want drives us and the focusing of our energies on that drives our avocation, vocation, and ultimately our lives.  Still, I am not trying to get into the analysis of the mind for the sake of behavioral science.    

Instead, I am looking into an idea that dances through my mind often as I try to pursue a closer walk with Christ.  If I want to make faith and following my focus, I need to use a form of transactional analysis in my day.  I need to consistently ask where Christ is in the transaction.  I need to analyze each thought, feeling, and deed as to the presence of Christ in it and what he is saying to me.  I need to go deeper still.  I need to pursue what Christ is saying in the moment to express his love for me.

This hard deck of the journey, that I must capture every thought relative to God’s love for me is vital to success.  The analysis of every moment has the potential to reveal the love of Christ in that moment.  I invite you to walk with me a bit as we ponder how to uncover that.  I long to find it and would like to share it with you Dear Reader.  As always, I treasure your thoughts and questions as well.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels on Amazon             
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook        Google +    Twitter     
Medium   Instagram  Kids BLOG   

No comments:

Post a Comment