25 May 2019

Needful Things ~ Genuine Needs


Greetings Dear Reader,

As I build toward my point, I do not want to ignore that we are individuals with genuine needs.  We have genuine physical, social, and emotional needs that are either satisfied or not.  The challenge comes when we feel our needs are not met.  It is irritating when we consider things as needs that are not.

For a very brief stretch of time, I was in a place where not just my needs were met but my whims were considered needs by those around me.  My attitude and actions were so selfish and inconsiderate that I rarely speak of that time.  It is shameful to consider what I can be when I do not view my needs in the proper perspective. 

I think that we increasingly do not distinguish well between wants and needs.  We want things desperately.  Some of them do not matter at all in the scheme of things.  Some of them are good wants but they are not needs.  We do not make our needs distinct from our wants.

It is not my place to tell you what your needs are or how to discern what is a want versus a need.  It is vital that I consider carefully what my genuine needs are and what are wants.  Further, I must make sure that even my wants fall in line with what is loving, kind, and good.

Christ promises to meet all of our needs.  The faith challenge comes when I think I have a need that is going unmet.  It is in that crucible that we can burn away our false needs and focus on what is good.  We must burn away the wants with this realization:  there are many things that go into the promise to meet all of our needs.

We are warned to distinguish clearly what we need.
We are required to ask for them to be met in faith.
We are obligated to follow continuously in faith even when we feel our needs are not met.
We are required to help meet the genuine needs of others when we can.

The foundation of this all is love and faith.  The place of that relative to our needs is simple and clear.  I need to only be clear in our definition of need and in our faith that those will be met.  It takes courage to abandon the title of need as it applies to things wish for deeply. 

As I reform much of my life, I find that need far less than I supposed I did for much of my life.  I also see that difference between want and need more clearly.  I want everyone to see that difference and focus on what is really needed.  It is one of the ways to make the path of our journey much clearer.

We cry out for the things we really need more loudly than we realize.  We struggle and rage for things that we think we need.  When we do, and they are not needs, we hold back the love and grace that is the foundation of getting our genuine needs met.  It comes down to this Dear Reader; the things we think will meet our needs often will not.

We pursue in vain the things that will not satisfy at the expense of things that surely will.  It is our choice to see this and make a change.  It is our price to pay if we do not.  Unfortunately, others can be swept up in that cost and harmed.  You and I, Dear Reader, can learn better and live better if we choose.  As we draw closer to the truth on this, I hope we find the tools and will to do so.

Sweet River Roll – Waterdeep

Homebound Henry's got a tumor in his head
He wakes up every morning after dreaming he was dead
He used to think that life was boring, but now that's not the case
He turns to his wife in the evening, he says "Honey I'm afraid I'm gonna lose this race."
Sweet River, roll all over me
Sweet River, roll all over me 

Soaking wet Juliet- she lives in a well full of tears
Her husband left her for some bimbo after twenty-two years
Now she's got to start all over, but she's just so terrified
She thinks it woulda been so much easier if he woulda just died 
Sweet River, roll all over me
Sweet River, roll all over me 


And I'm lookin out my car window sittin' in the pouring rain
Although your house is fifteen miles away, I can still feel your pain
I've thought and prayed and worked it through about a hundred times or more
How your soul just cries to everyone to help you get up off the floor

Right now, it's morning, you're probably totally unaware
Of the flood of kisses you hold back by the way that you despair
It ain't me I'm talking about here, or anybody else you can touch
That's all I want to say right now, I don't want to say too much 

Except …
Sweet Jesus, roll all over me
Sweet Jesus, roll all over me...
You gotta come down and just set me free
  
Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:

Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels on Amazon             
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook        Google +    Twitter     
Medium   Instagram  Kids BLOG   

No comments:

Post a Comment