19 May 2019

Second Thoughts ~ End of the Big Bang


Greetings Dear Reader,

Twelve years of weekly thirty-minute encounters and countless syndicated reruns are making their exit this week.  The last new episode of The Big Bang Theory has aired. The behind the scenes farewell has run as well.  Over the decade and a bit, much of how I feel has been reflected by the ensemble cast.

The writers and actors combined to make me laugh when I was sad and when I was just fine.  It may be the show that has impacted me most since Star Trek.  The nerdy side of my nature relates to the social struggles of the characters.  My eldest Son once referred to me as a nerd with social skills. 

Few know how much I struggle socially because I rarely let it show.  The inner struggles are trumped by my desire for others to feel loved and welcomed.  Still, in the quiet dark, I wrestle the fears and foibles that I feel so define me.  This weekly half-hour sitcom always made me feel that someone related. 

All good human things come to an end.  I never want them to end but they do.  Over the course of this show, many things in my life have ended.  All of them relational and painful.  It reminds me of the value of a circle of friends and how much those friends are often actually undervalued.  If I could speak to the cast of The Big Bang Theory, I would offer them a hearty thank you. 

I would also recall that I am not alone.  I feel that way often but I have friends who love me loyally and dearly.  The journey is hard at times.  Still, there is an opportunity to share that journey with others and I will fight to ensure that no one feels the way I feel most of the time.  It is our love for each other, even the quirks, that makes it all possible.  I love you, Dear Reader.
 
Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels on Amazon             
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook        Google +    Twitter     
Medium   Instagram  Kids BLOG   

No comments:

Post a Comment