11 May 2019

As You are Going ~ Second Thoughts – Poke


Greetings Dear Reader,

This may be the first “Second Thought” that I have written as part of a series but it fits.  Part of the journey if we choose to live an "as you are going approach," is to realize that there will unexpected joys and treasures along the way.

Thursday evening, I had arranged to meet one of my editors, SG, at a place of her choosing for dinner.  Our conversation was good and we both saw how valuable she is as an editor.  What I wish to focus on is the place she chose for our working meal together.

It was called WOW Poke & Juice.  It is located in Lawrenceville, GA, just off the interstate.  Their address is 1030 Old Peachtree Rd. NW. #204, Lawrenceville, Georgia.  I had never had Poke (pronounce PO-kay), but love trying new foods.  It is a Hawaiian fusion bowl with amazing choices and amazing flavors.  The Menu includes many possible combinations for vegan, vegetarian, and omnivore options. 

Annie Kim, the owner is excellent at describing the choices and assisting a novice in choosing.  I had shrimp and scallops with quinoa and vegetables.  Annie mixed the sauces for me and applied just the right amount.  From the first bite, I could tell that everything was fresh and prepared with care.  I was amazed at the play of flavors and the value for what I requested. 

The staff was attentive without being intrusive.  The atmosphere was relaxed with comfortable seating and soft jazz in the background.  The hot green tea was bright and well steeped.   I was completely satisfied with the food and the venue. 

Not only would I recommend WOW Poke & Juice, but I will also be returning there when I am next in the area.  What I experienced was the chance to enjoy something new as I journeyed through a task that needed doing.  The task was also enjoyable and I valued sharing the meal with my editor, SG.  I owe her a debt for suggesting Poke and making a working dinner so lovely.

Feel free to ask questions Dear Reader.  I am glad to tell you how excellent this cuisine and the location I tried are.  Perhaps we can meet there for lunch some time.  We need to remember that the journey is brighter when we encounter new excellent things as we are going.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:

Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels on Amazon             
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook        Google +    Twitter     
Medium   Instagram  Kids BLOG   

1 comment:

  1. We are truly grateful to you for choosing us and giving us the opportunity to grow. None of our achievements would have been possible without you and your unwavering support.
    A Big Thank you for helping us to grow.
    Annie

    ReplyDelete