08 June 2021

All That Remains ~ Illiterately Educated

Greetings Dear Reader, 

I read more than I write.  I try to do one hundred pages of reading for every page I write.  It is easier than one might think.  I make time to read. I schedule it and it is part of my profession.  In case you are wondering, scrolling and trolling is not reading. 


Now I wish to narrow my focus quite pointedly.  What reading we do shapes our thinking.  One of my infallible rules for life is “no Bible, no breakfast.”  I cannot get over the number of people who dismiss the Bible without having read it.  They read or hear what others have to say about it and form a judgment based on second-hand opinion.  

I am not a Bible thumper. I do not wield the Word of God to downgrade or insult others.  I do not use its sharp edge to cut down people. Rather, I use it to understand the love, righteousness, grace, and mercy of the Father.  The things it says about sin and condemnation are not there for me to harm humans.  They exist to warm us all and the Holy Spirit is the one who convinces the world of sin, righteousness, and judgment. 

It is not sustainable to ignore what the Father says about his love for us.  We cannot ignore something eternal.  When are told the Word will never pass away, we handle something destined to remain.  Of course, we can deny it, ignore it, or dismiss it.  The Father loves us enough to give us a choice.  

When I read the Bible honestly, I see the love of the Father and his efforts to redeem people who reject him.  It is easy to pick out pieces of the whole and make the story seem different.  This thinking is not sustainable if we honestly look at the whole.  We judge God based on our Standards instead of on the merit of who he is.  When measured against history, only the Word remains.  Our opinions fade leaving no trace of themselves except where they align with the Word. 

I must dive deeper.  I must read as if I am learning how to love the Father and all humans.  Failing to read is my first mistake.  Failing to learn the truth from what I read is dire, Dear Reader.  There is no way to sustain my journey without it.  

I would also challenge those who do not share my faith to know the Bible and use it to challenge those who do. If we cannot stand with the things Jesus taught us to do then we should be silent.  If we speak hate and condemnation then we are not obeying the commands to love.  Every time I use my knowledge of the Word to love others, I am creating something that remains.  When I speak against its principles, no matter what my intent, I am showing I am illiterately educated. 

Wishing you joy in the journey, 

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) 

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good. 

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon            
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Bookings: aramisthorn@aramisthorn.com
Facebook     
Twitter        
Medium         
Instagram 
BLOG Archive:  http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/ 

I cannot fail to read and know the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment