16 June 2021

Bright and Salty ~ A Single Match

Greetings Dear Reader,  

In my apartment, there is no ambient light when it is dark outside.  The nearest streetlight is filtered through too many trees.  When the power goes off, I may as well be at the bottom of a deep cavern.  

I sit in this darkness often to pray.  I like it because there are no distractions.  When I do not choose it, however, and am unprepared for it my small rooms are not navigable.  This is why I have two small photovoltaic lights each containing a single LED.  It amazes me how little light is necessary for us to move. 


A single match can be seen from a mile away.  Light does not need to be massive or intense to be noticed and to serve.  If we are to be the light of the world, then the Father will give us the intensity he needs.  Note it is always about what the Father needs to get all things back to good.  Our obligation is to be the light “With only a Suttee's passion -- to do their duty and burn.” 

Further, if Jesus, the Light of the World, calls us the light then he is adding to the call to follow him by being light.  If we allow this, then we multiply the effectiveness of the light.  Consider how lights call to us.  A campfire, the lights of the hotel for which we are searching, or the lights of home all evoke that feeling of drawing us to them.  Our love and compassion are to be the light of the world. 

It is my obligation to be light.  I cannot avoid the darkness but I can make it better.  I cannot banish it all but perhaps I can banish it for some.  I can overcome the darkness in my life by clinging to Christ in all I do.  I can be enlightened through the Word to follow as closely as possible.  

It always comes down to light and dark.  It is always a burden of sharing the light we carry.  There will always be darkness until all things are brought back to good, Dear Reader.  It will, therefore, always be the duty of Christ-followers to be a match in the moment of kindling.  It is my obligation to keep a watchfire to welcome others.  It is my joy to leave behind the darkness and follow the Light home.  You are always welcome to walk with me. 

Bearers of The Light – Michael Card 

The Light we must bear
Is the Light we must share
Is the Light that illumines the darkness
The promises kept
Give us strength to accept
This burden of bearing the Light

He will walk beside us
A strong friend, Barnabas
He will be that sure shoulder to lean on
The promise we share
Is our burdens to bear
And our Light tells the darkness to be gone

The Light we must bear
Is the Light we must share
Is the Light that illumines the darkness
The promises kept
Give us strength to accept
This burden of bearing the Light

He will come after me
A young Timothy
Looking for someone to guide him
I will kindle his Light
Make him strong for the fight
I will promise to be there beside him

The Light we must bear
Is the Light we must share
Is the Light that illumines the darkness
The promises kept
Give us strength to accept
This burden of bearing the Light

And so we must claim
By His powerful Name
The Promise the Bible has spoken
We must understand
That a cord of three strands
Cannot be easily broken

The great need of us all
A true mentor, a Paul
Who has traveled the road that's before us
He has made good the pledge
To tale the Light on ahead
We can follow his footsteps before us

The Light we must bear
Is the Light we must share
Is the Light that illumines the darkness
The promises kept give us strength to accept
This burden of bearing the Light 

Wishing you joy in the journey, 

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) 

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good. 

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon            
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Bookings: aramisthorn@aramisthorn.com
Facebook     
Twitter        
Medium         
Instagram 
BLOG Archive:  http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/ 

Darkness is always described as an absence of light.

No comments:

Post a Comment