12 June 2021

Bright and Salty ~ Opening Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader, 

If we consider the world we live in, life is not possible without salt or light.  Sodium is a vital element of our biology.  Without light, life does not exist.  


I have a friend who is a baker.  Her daughter wanted to surprise her by baking a cake for her since my friend does this for everyone else.  Instead of sugar, the daughter accidentally used salt.  Too much salt destroys flavor. Too much light can blind us. 

There is no big mystery or mechanism to this title.  Jesus calls us to be the salt of the earth and the light of the world.  I ask simply though what it means.  I need to be sure I am being both.  I know they are both founded on love.  What I wish to do is to examine the nature of salt and light to determine how I am to live out this command. 

I will likely move back and forth between the two each day of our discussion.  My aim is to understand and find application.  My need is to see salt and light in any aspect allowing me to better represent what Jesus wishes me to be.  Please walk with me as we journey through some thoughts essential to our journey home, Dear Reader.  As always your thoughts and questions season the journey beautifully. 

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) 

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good. 

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon            
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Bookings: aramisthorn@aramisthorn.com
Facebook     
Twitter        
Medium         
Instagram 
BLOG Archive:  http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/ 

Brilliance and seasoning to illuminate and flavor

No comments:

Post a Comment