03 June 2021

Tell Me What You See ~ Magnification

Greetings Dear Reader, 

So far, I have focused on outward things.  In saying this, I mean how our inner being views the external world.  As I near the close of this series, I wish to look inward briefly but also permanently. 


A couple bits of wisdom from my Grandfather give us a good place to stand for this view.  The first is what he would say whenever someone acted either kind or unkind.  When I noticed the behavior of others, he would neither approve nor condemn. He would say, “What’s down in the well comes up in the bucket.” 

I cannot stress how true this is.  Just as we are what we eat physically; what we carry in our hearts and minds is what comes out when we speak and act.  We must inspect our thoughts and feelings with a magnifying glass.  We have to determine if they are founded in our love for the Father.  I promise, not all of them will be pretty or loving.  This brings us to the other thing my Grandfather would say.  “We are all crooked sticks.” 

Even the walking stick he gave me as a boy was crooked.  He intended for me to learn our common status as imperfect beings.  Jesus best friend, John said, “If we say we have no sin, we lie and the truth is not in us.”  We all need redemption.  We are not “basically good”.  Every day requires an examination of our values, motivations, and desires.  Everything must be aligned with the command to love the Father.  Anything not in alignment with love for him must be abandoned or realigned.  

Fortunately, once I admit the truth of my flawed nature, the Spirit will show me the flaws needing attention.   He will work within me to will and do the things pleasing to him.  It does not have to be my will.  It does not have to be my power, Dear Reader.  I can move in this to see what is flawed and mitigate it.  It only takes magnifying the love of the Father in me to see clearly the view he wishes me to have.  It only requires obedience to become it.  This is what I must see every moment. 

Wishing you joy in the journey, 

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) 

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good. 

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon            
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Bookings: aramisthorn@aramisthorn.com
Facebook     
Twitter        
Medium         
Instagram 
BLOG Archive:  http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/ 

We must take a magnifying glass to our hearts and minds.

No comments:

Post a Comment