26 June 2021

The Lion’s Share ~ Bargains and Gambles

Greetings Dear Reader, 

Song-walk with me.  This series is a walk through the song The Lion’s Share by Dan Fogelberg.  If you have not heard the song, you may wish to listen to it first.  Also, if you are arriving in the middle, you might want to start from the beginning of the series.  You can do that by clicking here.  Today we will look at these lyrics: 

Hell-bent, empty, and spent
Just look what your gambles got you
Exiled, far from the sacred ground 

Nonesuch only gets two stanzas in comparison to Grand Slam’s four.  The second shows the ultimate result of gambling on the rejection of Christ.  I have a friend who explains hell in this way:  If we spend our mortal lives wishing to be separated from God, then he gives us what we wish.  There are those who say a loving God would never do this.  Still, we live in a world where we readily separate from those who we feel are no longer worthy of our love. 

There is a vast difference between the bargain of faith offered to us all and taking the gamble there is no God.  If I accept loving the Father and by faith his reclamation through Jesus, I lose nothing if I am wrong.  If, however, I gamble there is no God, I will earn exile if I am wrong.  

There are those who have seen the power of God and still choose to reject him.  There are also people who walk away because they have judged God to be wanting.  Some even claim God does not exist but are still angry with him.  The Father does not wish for anyone to be separate from him.  Jesus wants to draw everyone to himself. 

If I am going to follow Christ well, I must see those rejecting him as people with a need.  It is not my place to judge or condemn them.  It is my duty and privilege to show them love no matter what they have done to me or anyone else.  The Father reserves judgment, condemnation, and vengeance for himself.  I cannot grasp them and love him, Dear Reader. 

There is a vast difference between the gamble and the bargain.  I choose to take the bargain.  I will follow Christ.  I will sometimes fail, flag, and fall.  Then again, how powerful can this forgiveness be if I can break it?  It is the kind of forgiveness causing the Father to forget my failures and remember them no more.  We definitely have the better end of the bargain.  I will choose to wager my life on it. 

Wishing you joy in the journey, 

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) 

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good. 

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon            
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Bookings: aramisthorn@aramisthorn.com
Facebook     
Twitter        
Medium         
Instagram 
BLOG Archive:  http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/ 

“I was living to run and running to live; Never worried about paying or even how much I owed” – Bob Seger

No comments:

Post a Comment