09 June 2021

All That Remains ~ Incognito Insults

Greetings Dear Reader, 

This is one of those traps, obvious if one is aware but hidden until we are in it.  I have spoken before of the ease with which we can blame and shame others.  I encountered it again this week and was reminded how harmful it is. 


I mentioned reading yesterday.  After my writing time, I was reading an article by a woman who was shamed by her “friends” for her natural appearance.  She posted a picture of an adventure she had for which her friends should laud her.  The result instead was a slew of inappropriate comments about her appearance.  

If you are wondering why you are already missing the point.  The anonymity or relative distance of social media allows us to harm others with little or no reprisal.  I must hold a firm perspective on this.  If for no other reason than self-preservation, I must remember I will give account for every word I speak or write to the one who commands me to love everyone like he loves them. 

This should be enough.  It is my obligation to speak loving words to everyone.  Beyond this, the idea of being silent if I cannot be kind comes to mind.  Whether the topic is faith, theology, appearance, or fried chicken, I must be loving and kind in all I think and say.  Posts on social media are not excluded. 

This needs no belaboring.  I have to consider what remains if I think or speak negative things about others.  I should bring every thought into captivity and it is not easy, Dear Reader.  Being kind, however, can become a habit.  It makes it easier.  Every interaction must leave others better, loved, and seeing grace.  This will leave remainders that can add up to life. 

Wishing you joy in the journey, 

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) 

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good. 

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From
My Publisher or on Amazon            
Web Page: 
www.aramisthorn.com
Bookings:
aramisthorn@aramisthorn.com
Facebook     
Twitter        
Medium         
Instagram 
BLOG Archive: 
http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/ 

“In those days, everyone’s thoughts were only evil continually.”

No comments:

Post a Comment