17 June 2021

Bright and Salty ~ Closing Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader, 

It is clear we are to be light and salt.  Jesus used these vital substances to show us why we matter to the world.  A friend expressed her irritation with the Father recently by saying, “sure, I am special just like everybody else.”  I think an understanding of why this is a beautiful thing may help us along the way. 


When I was in fifth grade, I painted a picture of an eagle eating a snake on a mountain top.  I was surprised to learn my younger Son, Bezel still has the painting.  To him it is something special and, therefore, has value to him.  I doubt the painting will have any real value outside of my Son’s love for me.    If, however, I own a Picasso painting, it has value to thousands of people no matter how insignificant a piece it is.  You see, Dear Reader, the Father created billions of artworks and every one of them is a masterpiece.  

When he asks us to shine and be savory, he does it because he has created us to be so.  We are designed to flavor and enlighten the world.  Our purpose is to help others realize they too are masterpieces intended to shine in the darkness and bring their unique flavor to the world.  When we love others, we show them the love of the Father. 

As I sum up this series, Dear Reader, I want to specifically invite you to the next one.  I am going on a Song Walk and sincerely desire your company.  The song has been an earworm for two weeks now.  I am going to spend the remainder of June working through it.  

I do not know what the Father has to teach me through this song I have loved for many years.  I am sure, however, he has something beautiful for both of us.  You see, you and I are salt and light.  It is our choice if we hide this.  It is our freedom to shine or not.  It is our duty to be preserving and flavorful but we can be unsavory if we choose.  I hope you will see ways to be bright and salty.  I hope you choose to Song Walk with me. 

Wishing you joy in the journey, 

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) 

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good. 

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon            
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Bookings: aramisthorn@aramisthorn.com
Facebook     
Twitter        
Medium         
Instagram 
BLOG Archive:  http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/ 

Hide it and it is useless.

No comments:

Post a Comment