06 June 2021

All That Remains ~ Pointless Pontification

Greetings Dear Reader, 

If you are a Tolkien fan, you may enjoy the FB group Middle Earth Theological Seminary.  If you are easily offended, stay away.  I should clarify the nature of the potential offense.  There are often memes and jabs at opposing theological views.  There is also a plethora of Tolkien-based puns.  These I like. 


What is central to my serious thought is the way in which others think it is allowable to post negative or insulting things about matters of faith and following with which they disagree.  The idea of insulting someone because we disagree on the way in which our redemption works in terms of free will and choice is miles away from following Christ.  This does not limit itself to discussions of redemption. 

I have a friend who constantly posts negative memes about those who disagree with him theologically.  This friend’s heart is to love others.  He simply has a blind spot where theology is involved.  When we pontificate on things and make our opinion as important as fact, we are exercising our pride instead of truth and love. 

In case I am unclear, it is not loving the Father to argue over theological opinions.  It is not kind to insult others who differ from you.  It is a violation of the first and second commandments to be mean to others even in jest.  If all that we are is centered on loving the Father as it should be, our expressions must come out as loving.  

Even my expression of my thoughts on this must look at those who violate our obligation to love first with kindness and grace.  I review this in my mind to be certain I am loving in my thoughts about those who weaken our representation of Jesus.  My opinions do not matter in the light of loving the Father, following the Son, and being yielded to the Holy Spirit.  Still, I long to focus on love as the only thing on which to build my thoughts. 

It is not theology, opinions, or my keen wit that matters at the end of the day.  It is my love of the Father and others living in each moment.  It is what remains.  It is what is sustainable.  I am absolutely sure the Father will not quiz me on my thoughts regarding the hypostatic union, Dear Reader.  He will want to speak about how I treat those who disagree with me if it is not in line with his love for them.  What will remain will be my acts of love.  That is not opinion.  It is what remains after our hope is realized and our faith becomes sight. 

Wishing you joy in the journey, 

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) 

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good. 

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon            
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Bookings: aramisthorn@aramisthorn.com
Facebook     
Twitter        
Medium         
Instagram 
BLOG Archive:  http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/

“That’s just like, your opinion man.”

No comments:

Post a Comment