01 June 2021

Second Thoughts ~ The Day After the Bar-b-Cue

Greetings Dear Reader, 

I usually post something on Memorial Day.  I did not this year because there were plenty of posts, pictures, and pundits to satisfy us all.  I do want to address something relative to Memorial Day that matters to me. 


I know many veterans for whom Memorial Day is a difficult day.  People thank them for their service whilst our veterans try to memorialize their absent friends.  We must remember our fallen but we must also care for the living.  I want to take a moment to say to my veteran friends, I know you still feel the loss of your friends and fellows.  I know the people who were not there can never really understand. 

I need you to hear clearly, I care about your loss and your pain.  However it holds you, I will sit, listen, laugh and cry with you.  Your loss is ours as well.  After the picnics and parades, there is always the moment when the veteran must turn toward home and carry his or her burden.  If we wish to honor them, we will allow them to honor their fallen however they wish. 

So, Dear Reader, I raise a glass to absent friends.  I also turn an eye to our veterans who put names and faces to the absent wishing they could be with them.  Honor the dead but remember to love and care for our walking wounded who carry the memory of how we lost those we honor. 

Wishing you joy in the journey, 

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good.

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon            
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Bookings: aramisthorn@aramisthorn.com
Facebook
Twitter        
Medium
Instagram 
BLOG Archive:  http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/ 

It is the memories of our veterans we must hear and honor as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment