27 June 2021

The Lion’s Share ~ We are Always Torn

Greetings Dear Reader, 

Song-walk with me.  This series is a walk through the song The Lion’s Share by Dan Fogelberg.  If you have not heard the song, you may wish to listen to it first.  Also, if you are arriving in the middle, you might want to start from the beginning of the series.  You can do that by clicking here.  Today we will look at these lyrics: 

Living in the shadows
Of the things that might have been
Torn between the blessing and the curse 

After hearing from Nonesuch, we see the chorus again.  The Spirit in the song is showing us something very important.  The answer to the one who stands at the moment of choice is the same.  Nonesuch has to make the same choice as Grand Slam. 

Every life has regrets.  We have all made choices hurting ourselves and others.  We have failed to love as we should.  I was just speaking yesterday about how my Sister-in-Law is excellent about expressing honest feelings about the past without dwelling on what might have been.  It is a good example for me 

As a writer, I can compose an entire story of what would have happened had I made different choices.  It is some of my best fiction.  Unless I am using it to craft a story, I am wasting my time and resources.  I am abusing my God-given creativity to hurt my heart and mind.  Then, sometimes standing in this ungodly counsel, I walk the path of being determined to change what cannot be changed by me.  

You see, Dear  Reader, every moment holds the choice between the blessing and the curse.  We choose to live in the past but we are constantly drawn into the now.  Every moment I ponder what the past could have been, I miss a moment where it can be a blessing.  People spend too much life dwelling on the dead past.  We are constantly hearing the voices of our past trying to siren us away from now. 

The past failures are part of the curse.  They will not live forever.  The moments I give to the Father now; loving him with all I am will become a blessing and will last forever.  The things that might have been haunt us like ghosts.  Nonesuch has made the choice to live in the shadows of the past.  He allows that which is already dead to try and feed him.  He has chosen the curse over the blessings. 

It all seems hopeless when we dwell on what cannot be changed.  All the things remaining are what we have chosen.  I must leave the past as it is and use this moment to accept the blessings given to me and be a blessing to others through constant love.  It is not always easy but Christ is here to meet me and walk with me toward home.  It is not the dirge of death we are called to sing but rather, the song of faith and following.  You are always welcome to sing with me, Dear Reader.  It is never too late to start.  Besides, I need your chorus there when I drop a note in our shared eternal song. 

Wishing you joy in the journey, 

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) 

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good. 

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon            
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Bookings: aramisthorn@aramisthorn.com
Facebook     
Twitter        
Medium         
Instagram 
BLOG Archive:  http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/ 

“Two roads diverged in a wood.”

No comments:

Post a Comment